7 Rules You Must Follow For Pet Health
It is not a simple task to own a pet. It is up to you to make sure they are getting everything they need. If you follow these guidelines you’re sure to have a happy pet with a happy life.
1. One thing you need to do is give your pet an ID tag. This will state your address as well as any medical concerns people need to be aware of. If you do not have an ID tag for your pet you might have to collect them from the pound one day.
2. Definitely enroll your pet in a behavior training class. This will ensure that no bad habits develop. You’ll be happy and maintain a large degree of control over the animal.
3. Take your dog to the vet to get a checkup once per year. There may be some things that appear normal to you that are actually very dangerous to your pet’s health.
4. Always be prepared for things that can go wrong in your household. Just like you have an emergency evacuation plan for your family, you need to figure out what you would do in case your pet was trapped. It must be stressed that human safety always comes first.
5. Decide what will happen in the future. If you were to pass on you would need to know where your pet is going to go. If your pet has a godparent that is even better. In fact, if you go to the hospital or on vacation this person could be the one to care for your pet.
6. You can avoid getting bitten by your dog with proper care and technique. This is very important if you have children, as there are millions that get bitten each year. If you go to http://www.nodogbites.org or https://www.rspca.org.au/ you can find out more information.
7. The best thing you can do is to have your pet neutered or spayed when they reach that age. There are even places you can go if you can’t afford the operation. Go to http://www.spayusa.org http://www.pets911.com for more information or https://www.rspca.org.au/ in Australia.
If you follow these simple rules you’re sure to have a long, happy life with your pet!